Electric vehicle showroom catches fire, 27 bikes burned | Aurangabad News

Aurangabad: A fire at an electric vehicle showroom in Nanded, about 285 km from here, early Friday morning not only reduced the vehicles to ashes but also posed a serious threat to two patients admitted to a maternity ward of the same building.
Authorities said it was the timely action of the gynecologist, who upon learning of the fire rushed to the hospital and discharged the two patients. Authorities said the rapid response of the fire department helped save the hospital from hell.
The incident erupted around 6 a.m. when morning walkers noticed smoke billowing from the locked exhibit hall. They alerted local police and firefighters, whose teams rushed to the scene.
Authorities said before arriving at the scene, everything in the exhibit hall either melted or burned to ashes. It still took firefighters nearly half an hour to extinguish the flames.
Nanded Fireman Raees Pasha told TOI: “There is no clarity on the cause of the fire. It may have been due to a short circuit in the power supply in the showroom or even in one of the bikes.
A case of accidental fire was registered with the Shivaji Nagar The Nanded City Police Station and the police have opened an investigation into the incident.
Contacted, the police inspector Nitin Kashikar said, “We’re not ruling anything out. We are writing to all the departments concerned and will take an expert opinion before deciding on the fire which ravaged the entire showroom.
The officer said police are also screening CCTV footage from cameras set up in and around the locality to check for the possibility of sabotage.

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL NETWORKS

FacebookTwitterinstagramKOO APPYOUTUBE

Comments are closed.