Pune: fire breaks out in basement store in camp area, no casualties are reported

A fire broke out on Tuesday afternoon in the basement of a commercial building in the Camp de Pune district, which houses a large number of small businesses. Firefighters from Pune Cantonment and Pune Municipal Company managed to contain the fire at the store where it started due to a suspected short circuit. No casualties were reported in the incident.

According to fire officials, while the fire broke out around 2:50 p.m., the first call was received by the Pune Township Fire Department at 2:55 p.m. Two fire bids were received. first put into action by the cantonment firefighters. Given the intensity of the smoke emanating from the basement, help was sought from the PMC fire department, which deployed four firefighters.

PMC fire station officer Pradeep Khedekar said: “The building houses a large number of clothing and tailoring stores. The fire started at a store in one of the corners of the basement, which has at least 50 stores cramped in a small space. The fire was brought under control at around 4 p.m. We had to deploy exhaust fans to remove the smoke while we carried out the firefighting operation. Thanks to the joint efforts of the Cantonment and PMC firefighters, we were able to contain the fire at a store where it is believed to have started due to a short circuit.

Another firefighter said: “Everyone had evacuated the scene when the fire started. Fortunately, there were no casualties. It should be noted that this is a very cramped space, with a large number of stores and hardly any fire fighting systems in place.

The building is located not far from Fashion Street in the Camp district where, in a major fire in the last week of March, at least 400 small stores were completely destroyed.

– Stay up to date with the latest news from Pune. Follow Express Pune on Twitter here and on Facebook here. You can also join our Express Pune Telegram string here.



Source link

Comments are closed.