Unplugged computer may have caused the Banilad fire – fire sounder

These are among the samples taken from the scene of the fire in Sitio Mohon, Banilad, Mandaue City, which will be sent to Manila for analysis to determine if it was indeed an unplugged computer that caused the fire. October 13. | Mary Rose Sagarino #CDNDigital

MANDAUE CITY, Philippines – The fire that razed 30 homes and displaced at least 100 people in Sitio Mohon 2, Barangay Banilad, Mandaue City on Wednesday, October 13, may have been caused by an unplugged electrical appliance or gadget.

Senior Fire Officer 3 (SFO3) ​​Edgar Vergara of the Mandaue Town Fire Station, said it was possible that this could have been the cause of the blaze, especially as the The owner of the house, where the fire allegedly started, claimed that the only thing that was plugged in at the time of the fire was his computer inside the room.

Vergara, however, said they would only conclude if it was an electrical problem (computer or electrical device unplugged) that started the fire when the result of the samples of electrical wire, ash and Other debris recovered from the scene of the fire would be sent to Manila for analysis.

“Posible (a computer), I need (the samples) in Manila for the analysis of the electrical examination, I detect a positive electrical short circuit with a short circuit,” Vergara said.

(It is possible (the computer), this is what these (samples) we send to Manila for examination analysis. These will detect if it was positive that an electrical short has occurred. .)

Vergara also said the property damage was estimated at 300,000 P.

Wednesday’s fire burned 30 homes and affected 100 people, including tenants, Banilad Barangay captain Greg Yap said.

Yap said the victims of the blaze found temporary shelter in the homes of their relatives or that some remained in tents set up near the scene of the blaze.

Yap said they proposed and prepared the Banilad gymnasium as an evacuation area, but victims found it very far away.

The village chief said those affected had already received meals from the town’s social services and welfare.

He also said they would have a special session to discuss the matter and could potentially release funds to be handed over to the victims of the blaze.

RELATED STORIES

Fire burns 30 houses in Brgy Banilad, Mandaue town

Subscribe to our regional newsletter

Read more

Disclaimer: Comments uploaded to this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of the management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem inconsistent with our editorial standards.


Source link

Comments are closed.