Veterans get vaccinated + weekend shots + half-staff flags
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
A stormy afternoon or two. High: 82 Low: 66.
Here are the best stories in Durham today:
- Numerous tenants fell late on rent and turn to rental assistance programs, but a landlord will not sign up for the program. 160+ tenants of Soles asked emergency rental in the event of a pandemic help from County Durham, but Soles said, “I want you to tell me a dollar amount. Show me the numbers and I’ll sign. “(abc11)
- A fire broke out at Tobacco and vape 5 stars in Durham on Friday night. The company on Holloway Street the teams arrived just after 2:30 a.m. and were able to extinguish the fire. The investigation is ongoing at the moment and no injuries have been reported. (CBS17)
- More … than 700 veterans received their coronavirus wakeup call to Durham Medical Center Saturday. Hundred Durham VA employees were also vaccinated during the event, and the coordinator Genevieve Embree said people were delighted to come in for the vaccine. (WRAL)
- Over the weekend there was several shootings in Durham. On Friday evening, a vehicle drove over the grass at the Reunion at the Lycée du Nord game, and one parent estimated that 10 to 15 shots were fired into the air, at least one of which hit a 17 year old boy in the leg. (CBS17, WRAL) On Saturday there were two incidents. We left a man in his died in the early 1930s, and later that night a woman was injured with non-life threatening injuries in a car shootout with several shots. (CBS17) A mother whose son was injured by a lost bullet pressured leaders to take action while dealing with the after-effects of her son’s injury. (CBS17)
- Governor Cooper ordered everything US and NC flags in state facilities to be lowered to half-staff in honor of fallen firefighters. Today is recognized as National Memorial Day for Fallen Firefighters, and Public law 107-51 requires that from sunrise to sunset the October 4, flags should be lowered in recognition of those lost in the line of duty. Individuals, schools, businesses, municipalities and other organizations are encouraged to lower their flags for the holidays as well. (WECT) More information: National Memorial Weekend for Fallen Firefighters.
today Durham Daily is brought to you through Newrez, one of the leading mortgage lenders nationwide. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Looking for National taco day offers? Triangle on the Cheap has covered us with this list of offers in the Triangle.
- The Durham City organizes #DurhamBigSweep to help clean up the town (Facebook)
You can feature your local business here in the newsletter for just $ 79 per month. Click here to find out more.
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Monday! I’ll see you soon. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– CJ Fullford
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Durham Daily? I’m all ears. You can email me at [email protected]